Energy Management System
AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG feels it has a duty to protect the environment and resources sustainably.
This means that it is continuously optimising the use of energies for environmental and economic reasons.
AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG's energy management system is based on the following principles:
- Natural fossil fuel resources are limited. AGRAVIS therefore uses energy produced from them responsibly.
- AGRAVIS ensures progress through target-oriented investments made to maintain, modernise or further improve the energy efficiency of plants or facilities.
- Every employee has a responsibility to be energy-conscious. AGRAVIS asks every employee to encourage and support innovations that enhance energy efficiency.
- AGRAVIS is constantly striving to work more energy efficiently, either through the reduction of its energy expenditure or better usage of energy sources.
- AGRAVIS helps to ensure it will remain competitive in the future by implementing research and development measures to increase energy frequency.
Energy management is an integral part of every decision made within or by the organisation.
Our Energy Policy
We hereby undertake to reduce our energy consumption on a long-term basis and to increase our energy efficiency using a continuous improvement process. Strategic and operative energy targets are determined and monitored using our energy policy.
To implement these targets, we have introduced an energy management system to DIN EN ISO 50001:2011 standard for the area of compound feed production. We ensure that all the requirements of this standard are implemented correctly and the that the processes within the this energy management system are constantly improved.
To this end, we make the required human and financial resources available.
The energy policy is publicized within the company and to the public at large through publication on the Internet and the AGRAVIS Life intranet platform.
Our energy policy is based on our mission statement. We undertake to provide all information required under the mission statement and the energy and quality policy.
In addition, we check regularly that
- the necessary financial and structural conditions are guaranteed;
- all employees are integrated into the implementation and application of the energy management system, and that responsibilities are clearly defined;
- relevant legal obligations and other requirements are taken into consideration and adhered to;
- energy efficiency is checked and supported when products (raw ingredients, additives, machines, etc.) and services are being purchased;
- energy aspects / energy data are calculated and checked regularly;
- programmes supporting energy efficiency are introduced and carried out correctly;
- the results are measured and checked by means of regular audits;
- the energy policy documented here is appropriate as far the type and scope of energy usage and consumption is concerned, and that it is updated if necessary.