The AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG quality management system ensures the following requirements for reliable feedstuff are met thanks to defined procedures and processes and their monitoring.
The feedstuff industry is a link in the production chain for foodstuffs of animal origin. The EU Commission has published a “white paper” which sets out the basic principles for food safety. According to this white paper, responsibility for food safety starts with compound feed manufacture and on farms.
Geared towards market needs
A long-standing, close tie exists between farmers, the Raiffeisen cooperatives and our company. That's why dialogue is both essential and beneficial as we go about our business. A continuous exchange of information allows us to determine individual specific requirements for compound feed in line with needs and market trends. The knowledge we obtain is incorporated into our products and their associated services after undergoing systematic new or further development.
The different compound feeds undergo a variety of tests during both our own and independent nutritional value analyses before they are approved for use in farming. Production consultants and product managers check and evaluate feedstuff in intensive livestock farms. We also offer our customers extensive management consultation, an additional benefit which ultimately contributes to our customers’ financial success.
Quality assurance as a management task
Quality management is a management tool. All departments define specific goals based on higher-level strategies with systematic checks performed to ensure they are met.
Qualification of each individual employee
Feedstuff manufacture requires each individual employee to have a sense of responsibility and extensive specific expertise in areas such as nutrition physiology, raw components, compound feed manufacture and systems technology. We run regular training courses and further training programmes to improve our employees’ qualifications even further. This is the only way that we can guarantee meeting constantly changing requirements.
Orientation to customer need
You can only achieve consistent customer satisfaction by meeting customers’ expectations and needs. We adhere to this basic principle scrupulously. For us, this includes constant compliance with our high quality standards for products and production equipment and qualified initial and further training for our employees. This applies to the entire range of activities – from raw products and compound feed production and packaging through to establishing storage and transport conditions. We are also involved with numerous committees in agricultural organisations and scientific institutions. This involvement helps to ensure nutrition physiology, species-suitable and financial aspects are addressed and food industry requirements and consumer preferences are met.
Certification authorities use regular supervisory audits to check items such as hygiene aspects during product manufacture, storage and transport and correct handling of additives and veterinary medicinal products.
As a compound feed manufacturer, AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG considers that a quality management system means knowing and meeting livestock farmers’ performance expectations for compound feed, including aspects such as ingredients, consistency and acceptance by animals. In addition to the compound feed product, this includes assistance with related matters such as feed consultation and services, including staple feed analyses.
The system to implement a quality management system (QM system) requires an organisational structure, procedures, processes, resources, products and services which
- fulfil specific defined needs, usage conditions and purposes (e.g. feed for liquid feed systems)
- Meet customers’ expectations, such as incorporating premixed medicinal products in feed
- Comply with applicable standards and specifications, such as minimum ingredient contents and limits for undesirable substances and products
- Meet statutory (or other) requirements from society, e.g. free of antibiotics
- Are available and, what's more, at a competitive price
- Are provided at a cost which allow farmers to make a profit
There have been problems with dioxin and contaminated feedstuff within the European Union in the past. The BSE outbreak also caused a crisis. It became obvious certifying feedstuff manufacturers was not sufficient. The entire manufacturing chain needed to be incorporated. As a result, GMP regulations were extended to include the HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points). All suppliers providing products and services, including transport, were incorporated into the existing system and now need to be certified to the quality control (QC) standard established for feedstuff suppliers. GMP+ is a systematic method used to analyse the entire procurement, production and transport process.
As a GMP+ approved compound feed manufacturer, AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG is obliged to acquire feedstuff, cereals and grain legumes from approved suppliers. The use of cereals in compound feed has permanently increased over the years. AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG receives considerable quantities of cereals from its member cooperatives. This is why they have been incorporated in AGRAVIS AG’s quality management system and are thus able to contribute to feed and nutrition safety. The quality of compound feed is determined by the standard of each individual raw material and thus starts with purchasing. All our suppliers have undertaken to comply with the quality requirements which AGRAVIS AG imposes. We have fostered a relationship based on mutual trust with many of our partners over many years. We select new suppliers and raw products based on a predetermined system. They all undergo an audit at their premises. Criteria used to assess suppliers are:
- Production processes
- Purchasing procedure (supplier and product selection)
- Logistics (transport)
What do GMP, HACCP and ISO mean?
What is GMP+?
The GMP rules (Good Manufacturing/Managing Practice) is a branch-specific set of standards. The Dutch GMP rules for the animal feed sector are also voluntary guidelines for companies in the feed industry. They describe quality management elements based on the ISO standard, extended to include specific requirements from standards.
- Hygiene (mastering hygiene regime during production, storage and transport)
- Spreading of undesirable and forbidden materials, substances and products
- Correct handling of additives and veterinary medicinal products
- Compliance with limits for undesirable substances and products
What is HACCP?
There have been problems with dioxin and contaminated feedstuff within the European Union in the past. The BSE outbreak also caused a crisis. It became obvious certifying feedstuff manufacturers was not sufficient. The entire manufacturing chain needed to be incorporated. As a result, GMP regulations were extended to include the HACCP system (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points). All suppliers for products and services, including transport, have been incorporated into the existing system and placed under obligation as required. GMP+ is a systematic method used to analyse the entire procurement, production and transport process. Possible risks for production steps and raw products used must be identified at an early stage, risks assessed and measures determined, including corrective measures where necessary, for all critical control points.
HACCP stands for...
- Hazard: danger, threat to health
- Analysis: assessment of hazards
- Critical: critical for containment
- Control: handling, monitoring of conditions
- Point: point in the procedure
What is ISO 9001?
The ISO 9000 series is available to all sectors and does not depend on a specific industry or sector. Companies undergo certification voluntarily. This means they must determine the direction of their procedures, production processes and products while taking into account customer preferences, laws and other requirements under their own responsibility.
- DIN Deutsches Institut für Normung = German Institute for Standardisation
- EN European standard
- ISO International Organization for Standardization
- 9001 Quality assurance model/QM statement
You will find access to the exclusive AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG service section for quality management, quality managers for cooperatives, feedstuff, cereals and warehouses at www.veravis.de.
The company – Veravis GmbH
- Veravis GmbH offers you the complete range of services for quality management on the agricultural and food sector market.
- Our consultants and trainers have proven in-depth knowledge and many years' experience in setting up, implementing, further developing and assessing quality management and environmental management systems in the farming and food sectors.
- We are familiar with customers’ scope of tasks and do not use consultation times to learn the basic rules of the business fields concerned. From the outset, we concentrate on the development of solutions within the context of projects. This reduces project periods and costs compared to other providers without detracting from quality.
- We always devise concepts in close cooperation with you. This way ensures bespoke, practice-based solutions.
- System tests and laboratory services are accredited as per ISO 17025.
Certificates for affiliated companies
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerk Oldenburg GmbH KW Höltinghausen B1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerk Oldenburg GmbH KW Leer B1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerk Oldenburg GmbH KW Oldenburg B1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Dorsten B1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Münster B1 (deutsch)
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Münster B1 (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittelwerke Emsland GmbH, KW Lingen B1
- AGRAVIS Mischfutter Ostwestfalen-Lippe B1
- Crystalyx Products GmbH Oldenburg B1 (deutsch)
- Crystalyx Products GmbH Oldenburg B1 (englisch)
- DoFu Donaufutter GmbH B1 (deutsch)
- DoFu Donaufutter GmbH B1 (englisch)
- Genossenschafts Kraftfutterwerk GmbH KW Braunschweig B1
- Genossenschafts Kraftfutterwerk GmbH KW Bremerhaven B1
- HL Hamburger Leistungsfutter GmbH B1 (deutsch)
- HL Hamburger Leistungsfutter GmbH B1 (englisch)
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Langenfeld B1
- Raiffeisen Kraftfuttermittelwerk Dörpen GmbH GMP+ B1
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Minden B1 (deutsch)
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Minden B1 (englisch)
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Oldenburg B1 (deutsch)
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Oldenburg B1 (englisch)
- PROFUMA Spezialfutterwerke Seitschen B1
- AGRAVIS Mischfutter West GmbH GMP+ B3 (deutsch)
- AGRAVIS Mischfutter West GmbH GMP+ B3 (englisch)
- EQUOVIS GmbH B3 (deutsch)
- EQUOVIS GmbH B3 (englisch)
- Raiffeisen Transportgesellschaft mbH B4 (deutsch)
- Raiffeisen Transportgesellschaft mbH B4 (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittel GmbH B3 B4 (deutsch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittel GmbH B3 B4 (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Mischfutter Ostwestfalen-Lippe, KW Minden QM Milch
- EQUOVIS GmbH QM Milch (deutsch)
- EQUOVIS GmbH QM Milch (englisch)
- HL Hamburger Leistungsfutter GmbH QM Milch (deutsch)
- HL Hamburger Leistungsfutter GmbH QM Milch (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittel GmbH QM Milch (deutsch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittel GmbH QM Milch (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Dorsten GMP+ BCN-NL1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Münster GMP+ BCN-NL1
- AGRAVIS Kraftfutterwerke Münsterland GmbH KW Münster GMP+ BCN-NL1 (englisch)
- AGRAVIS Futtermittelwerke Emsland GmbH GMP+ BCN-NL1
- AGRAVIS Futtermittelwerke Emsland GmbH GMP+ BCN-NL2
- Raiffeisen Kraftfuttermittelwerk Dörpen GmbH BCN-NL1
- Raiffeisen Kraftfuttermittelwerk Dörpen GmbH BCN-NL2