Many details help to ensure that the stock develops well.
- Ensure good straw crushing and even chaff spreading by the harvester.
- Timely shallow stubble working in order to encourage volunteer grain to germinate.
- Follow-up tillage depending on the location conditions, select planned catch crop and production technology of the farm:
- plough in difficult locations before the catch crop, because ploughing before the main crop is often not possible.
- Soil mixing with the cultivator can be done in one work step along with the sowing.
- Soil loosening measures to eliminate any damaging compaction can also be combined with the catch crop sowing. The loosened soil structure must be stabilised with deep-rooted catch crops such as oilseed radish, rapeseed or lupins.