Regional focus: AGRAVIS takes over Ceravis Sachsen GmbH as of 1 January 2017
AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG acquires Ceravis Sachsen GmbH, a subsidiary of Ceravis AG, which has its headquarters in Rendsburg. Both Ceravis and AGRAVIS underline their own regional focus. "Schleswig-Holstein and Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania are the primary focuses within our domain. For this reason, such restructuring and re-focusing on the north and the north-east is sensible, especially when selling to one of the two main partners is expedient for this purpose," explained Ceravis CEO Thorsten Pogge.
- Bildmaterial zum Content
Ceravis AG has been operating in the market since 1 June 2015. The partner is DAVA AGRAVIS INTERNATIONAL, a joint venture where the Danish DAVA Group has a 75 percent shareholding and AGRAVIS Raiffeisen AG has the remaining 25 percent.
"With the planned takeover we aim to build on our regional agricultural trading activities in Saxony whilst ensuring that duplicated structures do not arise as a result of integrating Ceravis Sachsen GmbH into the AGRAVIS Group", clarified AGRAVIS Chief Executive Dr. Clemens Große Frie when underlining the decision made by the partners. The locations supplement previous AGRAVIS activities in the region.
The AGRAVIS Group will take over operational activities and the nine locations, and will integrate these into both FGL Handelsgesellschaft mbH, an AGRAVIS subsidiary, and also into Agrifutura GmbH. Ceravis Sachsen GmbH has 45 employees, which will all be taken on. The company has not publicised the purchase price.
Restructuring is subject to approval from the anti-trust authorities.